Thursday, March 6, 2014

We made it! Travel and1st Day.


Here we are waiting to fly out of MSP, it was about 1°.
This is just before leaving Seattle, it was much warmer and as we flew in we saw people had lawns! Green lawns! ....getting happier



Woke up in Kahului Tuesday morning, already we have Maui faces on!
We stayed at Maui Beach Hotel as we got in late on Monday night. Thanks to all the great advice on TA, we did NOT sleep in our car. . MBH was a place to lay our heads, nothing spectacular, no coffee pot, but we woke up on Maui so it was ok.
B. actually jumped out of bed just ahead of me and returned with coffee for him and tea for me. ;) ...I'm spoiled.
He had a huge smile and said hurry up, you have to see this, there are huge waves and there are surfers. I dressed quickly and we were on the go. This pic was taken behind MBH, we ate the buffet there, packed up and hit the road for the West side by around 8 AM.


After stopping and pre-registering at Kaanapali Beach Club and dropping off our bags we started with a drive up to Kapalua, didn't quite see where to go for the Plantation Course so we will have to head up there plenty early Friday, B. has a tree time at 1:20. We met this Honu sunbathing at Pohaku Park. After a while another one washed up and crawled up to the rocks , we could see many more in the water.


We hung out quite a while at Honokowai Beach park before heading to to Times Market to pick up a few things. Just then we got a call that our room was ready (early) so we headed there with our few groceries.

Okay, I forgot one of the best parts, we also went back toward Olowalu somewhere in there and had burgers at Leodas! YUM! As fabulous as I remembered. We also  had stopped earlier and got our gear at Snorkel Bob's.

After moving in at KBC we suited up and headed out to "our beach". :) we played in the water a long time then sat and watched a beautiful sunset... it was too beautiful to miss so I was unwilling to go upstairs for my phone to take pictures. (Sorry TA pals, but I think DP had pics posted of the same one :) )

We headed to Pizza Paradiso for dinner, I had the chicken parmesan sandwich and B. had a steak sandwich, can't remember the name  and we had the spicy fries that come loaded with feta cheese, they were good but we needed 5 more people, it was a huge plate of fries.

Sitting in the hot tub meeting new people is a favorite for me so we did that before finally going to bed around 11, ....We felt like day 1 lasted forever! It was much more than I could have hoped for, I fell asleep full of joy, so happy to be here with B.!



1 comment:

  1. Great blog.........I'm from Mn and my wife and I are heading to Maui for first time ever in late March! Thanks for posting on trip advisor!

    ReplyDelete