Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 4 Kapula Plantation Course

    It's Golf Day at Kapalua Plantation Course! B. is very excited and was up first, he sent me this selfie from downstairs; probably to see if I was up yet... :)


I cut this papaya up for him to eat, I tried a little of it and it was delicious, we bought it at the Farmer's Market.

The day looked like it could rain but the clouds in the sky were beautiful that morning.


Did you catch the whales in those pictures too?

Once we were ready to head out we went Hat Shopping because I burned my head on our Trilogy trip the day before, I was so careful with sunscreen but forgot about my poor scalp. 
I just want to say if you are fair skinned at all or burn easy; WEAR A HAT. :)
The burn on my head was very painful, but at least the pain was eased with the fact I was on Maui!

After Hat Shopping, Which I found one in the little shop downstairs on the other side of the building with Ono Taco's... we went to CJ's for a BLT. I had one on my last trip and told B. we had to try it.
They were great, we had them on sour dough bread. B. got his with Maui potato chips and I got mine with coleslaw....... OH MAN, best coleslaw I have ever had! It is made with pineapple and it is so smooth, not over creamy and the flavor is amazing! B. even liked it and he does not eat coleslaw.
I will have it again for sure!


We showed up almost 2 hours early at Kapalua, we didn't really have anything else to do and were ready to go so off we went. 
He called his #1 golf buddy and they looked us up on the webcam, we were posted on facebook within a few minutes. :)

I texted this picture to his buddy and when we got back to work it was blown up on B.'s office door  with Aloha written on it. (pretty cute, I thought)


He went to the driving range for quite a while, he was feeling pretty frustrated but I was like, you haven't golfed in how many months? ...give yourself a break. :)


  
(btw,  I am also a huge bird lover and this guy really caught my eye so I thought I would share him with you. I looked him up in my bird book but can't remember what he is, if you would like to know I can look it up and respond later, just ask.





After spending a short time on the practice green  they came out and said there was an opening and we got to head out 20 minutes early. He was set up with a married couple from the East Coast and we really enjoyed the day with them; they played pretty equally and were fun to hand out with.


So let me start by saying that I have been recording and watching the Tournament of Champions at this course for several years now just to catch the views... TV does not due it justice; it is phenomenal! 
...that being said, I narrowed this down as far as I could, hope you enjoy the MANY views from this course. 




I was the driver, one of my favorite jobs; I don't golf (not yet anyway) but I love to go along.

oh, and this is my new hat. :) It was so windy out here that I had to scramble through my bag to find a few hair pins and figured out a way to keep it on, again, necessity is the mother of invention.




yep, another selfie... ;)



I love this shot of B., he was really enjoying himself!


The sky in these next four pictures was so amazing, it was like the clouds were pointing into eternity... 

I was excited that B. teed off here with that sky as the backdrop. 




Whales! We were actually seeing them the whole time but I did not have my big camera and I was focused on all the other views so never got any good shots of them from here, but we enjoyed them.

There are no words for how this picture makes me feel, it just makes me feel like I am right back there, not sure why this one gets me like it does, it just does.
(see the whale splash?)
 

Here you can start to see the rain moving across the water; we watched it coming for a long time.













Can someone remind me the name of these pine trees? I always forget but I just love them!


You can really see the rain working it's way over now.



It started sprinkling as they were finishing up the 18th hole and right when we got in the clubhouse it started pouring, that 20 minutes we got out early made all the difference; we watched a LOT of soaking wet golfers come in just behind us.

We were really impressed with how they ran the course, everyone was so friendly there and even though they were super busy they space everyone so perfectly that we were never waiting and never being pushed. We liked that a gentleman rides around checking on you and how you are during throughout the round.

They made B. a Kapalua bag tag with his name, it was pretty cool, since I didn't want one with my name they were nice enough to give me one for someone else. I asked to have one with Bruce's best golf buddies name on it. :)

We were driving in crazy rain when we left the course and it was really tough to see. As we got to Honokowai it started to slow down and I wondered if it would be clearer toward Lahaina.
We headed to find Aloha Mixed Plate and I was so excited there was not a big line.
B. ordered the AMP Burger and I order the Kalua Pig BBQ Sandwich. We both ordered the fries.
A minute or so after we ordered the waiter said we would have to eat pretty quickly because the rain was moving in. Right after that it started and just kept coming harder. 
We asked to have our food to go along with almost every table except a few lucky enough to be out of the rain; I really felt bad for the workers as they scrambled like crazy to get orders together and take payments. 
By the time we got "home" with our food it was not really hot at all and B. was a little disappointed. My pig sandwich was still really good and I ate cold fries because I was hungry. 
I really want to take B. back there when it is nice out and we can sit and eat while we enjoy the sunset; I feel bad he did not get the full experience. 

After our supper it was late and we were tired but I couldn't wait to go to the hot tub, B. was too tired so I headed down myself that night to relax and unwind from another long, busy and fabulous day on Maui. (and yes, I did sit in the hot tub in the rain, why not?)

We never did book another round of golf but he has no regrets, he was so happy to play Kapalua that he was completely satisfied. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment